[Wolves] Need some help!

Helen Randle wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Aug 10 19:02:01 2003

Having been on the list for a few days now, and been reading the
messages, I thought it was about time I posted something.

I'm looking to convert to Linux, but don't really know where to start.
I've read some stuff on various websites, but I don't understand it all.
The bit I did understand was where it said to contact my local LUG,
which I obviously have done! :-)

I need some advice on what Linux to go for. I'm kind of drawn towards
the off the shelf in a box type, as they seem easiest to work with (I'm
not a computer novice, but I don't get all the kernel and stuff!), but
there are quite a few to choose from. I know what I need my computer
to do, but that seems more relevant to applications than OS (Ok, so I'll
probably need help with that too!)

So generally just ..... help!!!!!????