[Wolves] MacOSX....*droool*

Chris Procter wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 13 16:59:00 2003

Surely there is only one IDE and luckily it comes preinstalled, just start a
terminal window and type "emacs" :-)

Oh ok, you can get vim as well (although why you'd want to...)

So when I'm not trying to prevoke a new round of the great emacs vs vi jihad
I always use the IDE that comes with the development tools (Project
Builder), I'm sure there are better ones but that was convenient (you should
have the developers tools cd). It does Obj-C, C,C++, java, and Applescript
highlighting (and probably others, they are the official development
languages of OSX), it intergrates with CVS (I struggled to get this to work,
but then I've never used CVS before), integrates with gdb and is generally
pretty froody

Failing that install X-windows (free download from
http://www.apple.com/macosx/x11/, which reminds me check out
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/ for apples selection of third party
downloads, but many are shareware/for pay) and then compile whatever you
have been using on Linux.

One day I will get over my obsession with using brackets in emails (maybe
its leakage from Lisp programming), but not today (it would seem)

chris