[Wolves] DRM Issue

Steve Crozier wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Aug 23 18:03:00 2003

On Friday 22 Aug 2003 10:35 pm, Lee Jordan wrote:

> then goes into a proposal for the Total Information Awareness system where
> the the US government want on average 40 pages of information about every
> single person on the planet's 6 billion people. Nearing the 20th Aniversa=
ry
> of Orwell's 1984 year and as sated by the poster, it's one step beyond big
> brother.

TIA is one of the most intense piece of scaryness that i've seen in some ti=
me.=20
That along with the joint vision 2020 stuff - basically its going on about=
=20
=46ull Spectrum Dominance (FSD - they love these macho acronyms don't they =
?)

" Additionally, given the global nature of our interests and obligations, t=
he=20
United States must maintain its overseas presence forces and the ability to=
=20
rapidly project power worldwide in order to achieve full spectrum dominance.
Achieving full spectrum dominance means the joint force will fulfill its=20
primary purpose =E2=80=93 victory in war, as well as achieving success acro=
ss the=20
full range of operations, but it does not mean that we will win without cos=
t=20
or difficulty.  Conflict results in casualties despite our best efforts to=
=20
minimize them, and will continue to do so when the force has achieved full=
=20
spectrum dominance.  Additionally, friction is inherent in military=20
operations.  The joint force of 2020 will seek to create a =E2=80=9Cfrictio=
nal=20
imbalance=E2=80=9D in its favor by using the capabilities envisioned in thi=
s=20
document, but the fundamental sources of friction cannot be eliminated.  We=
=20
will win =E2=80=93 but we should not expect war in the future to be either =
easy or=20
bloodless."

http://www.dtic.mil/jointvision/jvpub2.htm

> I was thinking that I have some final year project PHP code knocking about
> if we wanted to set up a website (http://www.duracell.34sp.com/news/) to
> note down url's and highlight articles etc. It's basic and it's not as
> complex or as flexible as post-nuke though but at least it would be a
> contribution. What do you think?

That sounds good. I'd be up for it.

ste