[Wolves] Dual-green Smoothwall

Lee Jordan wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Aug 28 19:55:01 2003

I shall have to get clued up on smoothwall as we are having broadband fitted
in a couple of weeks.
I have a P233/64MB and 2 GB space, this should do the trick for smoothie
shouldn't it? I doubt my other drive a 500MB affair could cope, I also have
a couple of plug and play, evil network cards, but I'm hoping that
smoothwall will pick these up in the intstall? Once a hub is plugged in how
easy is it to set up routing and all that kind of jazz without port
forwarding or advanced stuff to begin with? and how would I allow traffic
through ports like for FTP clients (not ftp servers though)

So many questions ...........

How many Mac Addresses are you allowed with Telewest? was it 5?