[Wolves] PDAs

Old Dan wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 29 15:38:01 2003

Lee Parkes wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 04:26:47PM +0100, Old Dan wrote:
>
>>What kind of interface?  Ethernet?  Wireless?  IrDA?  Long piece of
>>string tied to two paper cups?  ;)
>
> /me bangs his head on the table for being stupid..
> Serial is the main one, but ethernet would be good too.
Serial is even better - the Zaurus has a built-in serial port.

To use it, though, you have to have the cable and comment out pppd in
/etc/inittab.

>>Zaurus runs linux (obviously...) and you'll find the full suite of tools
>>you'd expect to find under linux like ssh, telnet etc etc etc...
> I was thinking abut the Zaurus. How much are they and where are they sold in
> Wolverhampton?
Last thing I knew the SL-5500 was going for about £180 or so.  Whether
you can get one now or not, though, is debatable since Sharp has stopped
making the 5500.

--
Dan