[Wolves] An update

Helen Randle wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Aug 30 15:08:01 2003

Sorry I haven't posted back for a while, I've been trying out Knoppix!!

I'm getting on ok with it and it's giving me a good idea of what Linux is
like. I noticed someone posted that you can install Knoppix on the
harddrive, but I'm not sure I could understand how to do that. Can
anyone explain it in idiot-proof english??

And I've got some more questions (sorry!)

I've been trying to connect to the internet via Knoppix, but it won't
connect. Is this because my modem is USB connected? If so, what can I
do?

On a similar theme, is there likely to be any anti-virus/firewall on
Knoppix or will I have to download some?

There's loads of software on the CD. What are the best programmes to
use? Openoffice looks the obvious wordproccesing one, but what about
webbrowser and email? Also, what do I use to open midi files? (as it
doesn't seem to default to anything)

I think that's all for now, but I might find some more!!! :-)

Helen