[Wolves] 54G wireless networking & linux

Adam Sweet wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Aug 31 14:00:01 2003

 --- Jono Bacon <jonobacon@yahoo.com> wrote: > --- Rob
Smith <robertlists@rob-smith.org.uk> wrote:
> > can anyone suggest a linux compatible 54g card for
> > pcmcia/cardbus??
>
> Well, I got the Belkin 54g access point, but I got
> the
> 11MB pcmcia card - this was due to the fact that I
> knew a driver was available at the time. This may
> have
> obviously changed, and there may be a driver
> available
> - the driver the 11MB card may work also.

I have the same access point and also a Belkin 7010
54g pcmcia card which there still doesn't appear to be
a driver for.

The 11MB card is supported but 54g support appears to
be slow in coming forward. I bought mine because I saw
support for Belkin cards and assumed support for my
card would be forthcoming but I'm still waiting.

The Linux PCMCIA site is at
http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ the suported cards
list contains a wireless section and is your best
advisory source.

A search on Google for linux pcmcia 54g suggests that
the 54g spec is not yet suported but also produces
http://www.jonobacon.org/writing/techdocs/F5D6020uinlinux.php
as the 5th result. Good grief, is there anywhere safe
from this man? ;)

Seems that patience is a virtue when awaiting 54g
support.

Ad

=====
http://www.drinky.org.uk