[linux] Re: [Wolves] Hamlet ads

s parkes wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Feb 14 10:56:02 2003

>From: Wayne Morris <wayne@machx.co.uk>
>
>On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 21:15, fizzy wrote:
> >  --- Machx <machx@uk2.net> wrote: > All tabacco ads
> > banned from tonight do grab these
> > > Hamlet ads before they are
> > > taken off - internet ads are banned too!
> > >
> > > http://www.hamlet-happiness.co.uk/
> > >
> > > add   /adverts/    if you just want to grab the
> > > movies in zipped mov files
> > >
> > > Wayne

I didn't think that things like the hamlet site where covered because it is
their primary business.

still if you want to see some real good tabacco adds (pre regulations of
anykind) check out www.archive.org

if these cartoon ciggies where not aimed at kids I have never seen an advert
that is ;-)

http://www.archive.org/movies/download.php?id=651&stream=1&broadband=1&download=0&filename=08013a.rm

> > "The Tobacco Advertising and Promotion Act 2002 comes
> > at point of sale provided they meet certain criteria.
> > "
> >
> > Seeing as we are all ready way off topic, just thought
> > I'd say about time this got done :)
> >
> > fizz
>
>Which bit was off topic? I thought Wolves Lug was all about hard
>drinking, heavy smoking types? How can you possibly solve a php failure
>without at least 20 Embassy No 1 on hand?

It's funny how this rep came about being as a large proportion of the lug
rarely drinks at meetings and are non-smokers.  But we are a alcohol
tolerant lug ;-)

sparkes

Surf together with new Shared Browsing
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/browse&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=74&DI=1059