[Wolves] Problems with smoothwall adventures

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Feb 25 15:03:01 2003

--- Ron Wellsted <ron@wellsted.org.uk> wrote:
> With BY, the MAC address of the network card must be
> registered with their
> servers.  Check that the RED card is the one that
> you were using previously
> to access the BY cable modem.  This sounds like the
> problem as an unregisted
> card will not be give a DHCP lease so will give and
> error on the 'ifconfig
> eth1 up' command.

I suspect this may well be the problem. I thought it
was this before but then I thought there was an IRQ
conflict. Anyway, now I have managed to get both
network cards working fine (they both share IRQ10, but
I have been told that shoul dbe fine for PCI cards),
and dmesg gives no problems when ifconfig them.

At the moment it seems that it simply isnt connecting,
so I am just waiting for the MAC address to go through
the system so I can connect.

I will inform you of my progress and problems. :D

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://jono.dyndns.org/
KDE Developer - Freelancer - Musician