[Wolves] Mailing lists and web forums

Aquarius wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 9 15:03:02 2003

Lee Jordan spoo'd forth:
> Yup I'd be interested in helping with  the list to forum crossover stuff,
> although I may need guidence etc, to hack the PHP nuke code, having not
> really looked deeply into it. My main concern is getting infor from the list
> to what i would presume would be a few MySQL database tables

God, no, don't do that. You don't have to know how to write to the database;
PHPNuke already knows that better than anyone. Instead, the script pretends
to be a web browser and posts the message to the web form on the website.
That way we never have to change the script if the Nuke crew change their
db...

Aq.

--
Writing software is, in fact, like dancing to frozen music.
           -- mewse