[Wolves] deathmatch doom

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 23 16:20:01 2003

--- Aquarius <aquarius-lists@kryogenix.org> wrote:
> When would be a good time to do it? Evenings,
> obviously: I can't do
> Thursdays (Buffy is on!) and I can't do every
> alternate Wednesday ;-) I
> think a weekday would be best...

Daytime is fine for me and some evenings.

I have spend a while getting prboom going and it keeps
bombing out when I try to run it saying it cant find
the file. I got the doom1.6 wad from
ftp://ftp.gamers.org/pub/games/idgames/idstuff/doom/
and unzipped it to /usr/share/games/doom/. I then ran
it with:

  prboom -iwad /usr/share/games/doom/doom-1.8.wad

I get the following:

Z_Init : Allocated 16256Kb zone memory
 found /usr/share/games/doom/doom-1.8.wad
IWAD found: /usr/share/games/doom/doom-1.8.wad
PrBoom (built Oct 30 2002), playing: DOOM Shareware
PrBoom is released under the GNU General Public
license v2.0.
You are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions.
It comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. See the file
COPYING for details.
M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
 default file: /home/jono/.prboom//glboom.cfg
I_SetRes: Using resolution 640x480
V_Init: allocate screens.
 found /usr/share/games/doom/prboom.wad
D_InitNetGame: Checking for network game.
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
 adding /usr/share/games/doom/doom-1.8.wad
W_AddFile: couldn't open
/usr/share/games/doom/doom-1.8

Any ideas?

  Jono