[Wolves] old cd drive error reading cd question

s parkes wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jun 12 16:08:00 2003

>From: Steve <info@a2rt.org>
<Snip>
>i was just wondering for future reference if theres a guidline for how to
>make cd's that will definitely work on
>older machines as its not viable to keep changing drives all the time?

write the disks s---l---o---w---l---y if a cd-rom can read a cdr then it
shouldn't have problems with it but older cdroms seem to prefer disks
written at slow speeds.

My ultra 10 won't boot from a solaris cd written at anything other than 1
speed but will boot from debian written at light speed and that machine is
less than two years old.  So the contents of the cd might have something to
do with it as well.

sparkes