[Wolves] laptop battery short

Matt Warwick wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Mar 27 16:20:00 2003

Thats the main problem we get at PCW with laptops, people don't take care =
of their batteries properly and then come running to us moaning when they =
only get 20 minutes of charge out of the buggers!

Check your BIOS, some have a full discharge or rememorise feature that ful=
ly discharges and charges the battery a few times (Take a while though!)=2E=
 If not there are some applications you can get that will do it but I don'=
t know where to get them from, usually the laptop manufacturer as they are=
 model specific=2E

Never have your battery plugged in when you're running your laptop through=
 the mains, unless it does need charging obviously=2E

Lower the brightness on your screen, doesn't help a lot but you may get an=
 extra couple of minutes, enough to save that vital work!

Short of spending =A3100 on a new battery thats all the advice I have ;)

Matt