[Wolves] X failure on Debian (long one...)

Adam Sweet wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun May 25 15:25:00 2003

> Oh, I didn't realise that. Using alien is a bit
> lairy, and using alien for
> something as fundamental as X drivers is very lairy,
> especially given that
> Debian's X installation diverges from theXFree86.org
> installation a bit. I
> wouldn't recommend it, tbh. Sorry...

No worries, thanks for the help anyway. In the end
opted for a return to Mandrake as it had just arrived
on the Linux Format DVD, to see how it's hardware
detection handled my Radeon and also my Broadcom
BCM5702 gigabit network card which had also been
overlooked by Debian. They both got picked up and I am
once again the proud owner of a fully functioning
Linux system. I'll have another go at Debian in a few
months when its possible it might work.

Thanks again,

Ad

=====
http://www.drinky.org.uk

Use Linux. Because it's better.

It's Samaritans' Week. Help Samaritans help others.
Call 08709 000032 to give or donate online now at http://www.samaritans.org/support/donations.shtm