[Wolves] Wiki

fizzy wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed May 28 12:28:00 2003

> Fair enough, that's a good point but still leaves
> you with ugly "Edit"
> buttons. Anyway, I don't think that this is an
> argument I'm likely to
> win. I do think, tho', it's important to see beyond
> the politics of
> software, from time to time.

As far as i can gather, a wiki is a piece of software
that creates pages that other people can then edit, i
think I've seen one used for an FAQ, correct me if I'm
wrong.

You want to use this software for another purpose,
creating a style guide or whatever.

Therefore you cannot complain about a lack of support
for political reasons, because you are using it in a
non standard way.

If you were saying i want to use this software to run
evil-capitalist-pigs.com and they won't let me i can
see your point, but you want to use there software in
a weird way that they don't want to support i can see
there point.

Utilise the GNU agreement and create your own piece of
software to do what you want with a wiki as a base.

disclaimer - it made sense in my head!

fizz