[Wolves] Wikis - an article

Matthew Revell wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri May 30 09:52:00 2003

Howdy all,

Okay, I reckon I'd quite like to write an article on wikis, for
ContentPeople. I've got quite a bit of material gathered together and I'm
getting a review copy of The Wiki Way through the post soon. However, does
anyone here have any thoughts on wikis? Specifically, I think I'm going to
write the article from the point of view that wikis offer perhaps one of
the true implementations of what the web was created for - easy sharing of
information amongst like minded people, for the sake of it. I think wikis
are interesting because of their shift from top down to collaborative
publishing. Does anyone have anything to say about it?

It could double up as an interesting little LUG radio feature.

Matthew.