[Wolves] Re: Install Help

fizzy fizzyorguk at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 12:30:47 GMT 2003

Heya,

Well, good news: it can be done! Bad news: I tried
very hard and didn't get it to work :(

I have a toshiba libretto - google it up - it's a very
small laptop.  It comes with a pcmcia floppy drive and
we had emense fun trying to get linux installed on it!
 First tip, google.  Google up your laptop make, model
and so forth and see if anyone else has tried it.
Failing that google up 'libretto linux' as there are
lots of helpfull pages and those should help you.

The problem with the libretto lies in that it tries to
load pcmcia drivers off a floppy, but as the floppy
drive is pcmcia, it can't do it, chicken and egg
style.  I suspect this may be the issue for your
laptop also.

How much space do you have on your hard drive? Do you
have wind*ws on there at the moment? Does it have to
be peanut linux or will any distro be ok?

If you are interested in BSD I know free BSD loaded
fine first time on my libretto :)

It's not bad to not have discussion on list, but Ron
may be able to help you with fancy hardware things and
Aq and people may be able to suggest weird ways of
installing using network debian mirrors and customised
boot disks, so i'll cc the list for that :)

fizz

p.s - doing things 'just because' and to annoy
co-workers are possibly the best reason to do
anything, it is basically the whole linux theory :)