[Wolves] RE: LUG meet

James Turner jamesfturner at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 18:11:37 BST 2003

On Wednesday 15 Oct 2003 4:59 pm, Wayne Morris wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 14:17, Chris Owen wrote:
> > Can someone reassure me about the content of the attachments on this
> > message, or indeed tell me what they are?  I can't get anything to open
> > (but then I am using my work based MS set up...).
> >
> > Chris
>
> It seems to be the message plus header in some really wierd format.
> My test editor opens it up, but lots of lines are overtyped on each other,
> so if you put cursor on middle of a line like xc93wjdjhsku3ydsd'sd';//xsmj
> and press return you get two lines instead which almost make sense.
> Think it is just a wierd mail format, bit like a html version.

Fetchmail refused to download it:

reading message jamesfturner at pop.vip.sc5.yahoo.com:1 of 4 (7475 octets)
fetchmail: message delimiter found while scanning headers
 not flushed
fetchmail: client/server protocol error while fetching from
pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk
fetchmail: Query status=4 (PROTOCOL)

Weird. Not seen that happen before. I logged in to Yahoo's webmail interface
to read and delete the message. Didn't look at the attachment.

James