[Wolves] Do you use normalisation?

Aquarius wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Sep 3 16:54:01 2003

Jono Bacon spoo'd forth:
> Hello folks,
>
> I have been using MySQL the last 4 or so years, and in
> that time I rarely follow the formal rules for
> normalisation and referential integrity. Do you lot
> follow the formal rules?

I build databases in third normal form automatically; I don't go
through the formal process of creating third normal form, but that's
because i build so many DBs that I can plot data into 3NF
automatically. RI I don't like, ever since I set it up and had one
delete cascade to blow away half my database, so I enforce it in code
when I need it.

Aq.

--
"Woe, for I am judged again, this time as a total bimbo."
	   -- Buffy in Greek tragedic style