[Wolves] activists linux...

Chris Owen wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Sep 12 15:04:00 2003

I'm not sure from what I've heard so far that I buy the 'greenwash'
critique.  I take the view, blasphemous as it may be on this board, that
since capitalism is the one game we have to play at the moment, best use
its own levers to make it work in the way that is better for the world's
poor.  Capitalism is capable of being changed for the better, and the
big battalions don't always get their way.  In a way, the whole GM
debate actually confirms that - its not just radicals who don't buy the
arguments about GM, its most of the population of Europe.  And I'd
suggest that at the heart of that opposition is a fairly healthy
scepticism about the motives of big corporation like Monsanto.  Like
you, I think the argument about the fundamental soundness of the
technology is merely 'unproven'.

Confucius he say:

'When you want to build a new house, its best not to knock down your old
one first, otherwise you get very wet and cold for six months'

Chris