[Wolves] linux laptop/speech software

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Fri Apr 2 09:33:25 BST 2004

Helen Rose spoo'd forth:
> however while we are on the subject does anyone know
> of any good text to speech type arrangements that you
> can get for linux. Ive had a quick scout around but
> nothing really jumped out at me as been the clear
> choise to use.

Are you just trying to have a document read out? If so, try festival.
It (and the voices for it) are in the Debian package, and you can just
do "festival --tts mytextfile.txt" to have a file read.

Aq.

--
Don't panic (even if your terminals start printing "all your dialup
accounts are belong to us" repeatedly)