[Wolves] RH -> Fedora - Upgrade path

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 13:57:18 BST 2004

Hi Mark

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 13:24, Mark Trotman wrote:

> I'm currently running RH7.2 & 7.3 on various workstations here but would
> like to upgrade to Fedora Core 1 (or perhaps Core 2, if I'm feeling
> brave!). Does anyone here know if there is a direct upgrade path or do I
> have to lose all the data and then load Fedora? I suppose I could buy a
> new HDD and (initially) dual boot but hey!, I'm a sodding cheapskate.
> I can't find anything on the Fedora project pages. :-(

I use Fedora core 1 I upgraded from RH9 with no major problems (I have
made some postings regarding failed symbolic links) but no major
problems.

I'm not sure if there is a direct upgrade from RH7 but from the postings
I've seen I would steer clear of FC 2 for a while until its more stable.
The FC 1 mailing list is moaning at the moment about FC 2 users asking
questions on the FC 1 list when FC 2 is a test system.

I'm no expert so take my advice with that in mind, why don't you backup
your valuable data and grit your teeth, cross your fingers and go for
it.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

I sit on a mans back chocking him and making him carry me
and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for
him and wish to ease his lot by any means possible except
getting off his back!
--Tolstoy