[Wolves] New vs 2nd hand laptops

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 09:57:34 BST 2004

Hi Ron

I was a little surprised no one thought of me when talking about
refurbished second user kit as I deal in that market. I would have done
a good deal! never mind.

On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 22:04, Ron Wellsted wrote:

> The biggest problem with 2nd hand laptops tends to be the batteries,
> very short lifetime and a replacement costs GBP 80 and up (I recently
> saw a replacement battery for a 3 yr old laptop at GBP 130 trade).

Your right most batteries are knackered but then even new laptops should
be used on mains power the common misconception is batteries when
thinking of laptops the batteries are only a quick get out of jail or
stop gap solution when there is no mains available.

I can get refurbished batteries for £30.00 cost price, I would need to
put a mark up on them plus it might be expensive if you only want one as
there is a standard delivery cost from the supplier of £15.00 but that
can be split across multiple orders. The casings are split open and new
cells inserted by Hyphong and his daughter in some back street hovell.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

I sit on a mans back chocking him and making him carry me
and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for
him and wish to ease his lot by any means possible except
getting off his back!
--Tolstoy