[Wolves] Fool and his money

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 14:26:17 BST 2004

Hi David

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 14:09, David Goodwin wrote:

> kernel compiles are actually quite easy and straight forward. The
> difficult bit is to learn what all the options are for, and which ones
> your hardware/setup requires....

Now thats the bit "options" man pages give you the options generally I
see the one I want what they (generally) don't say is "but make sure you
use such and such option also" this is where help lets you down because
the person who wrote it knows that when using option 2 you have to have
6 & 13 but forgets to put it in the how-to they assume you know 6 & 13
must be used with option 2

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

I sit on a mans back chocking him and making him carry me
and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for
him and wish to ease his lot by any means possible except
getting off his back!
--Tolstoy