[Wolves] Potted Samba/XP howto

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Fri Apr 16 12:35:51 BST 2004

Matthew Revell spoo'd forth:
>> Hm. I don't remember seeing that post, but I have reservations: the
>> major one is that whenever we've tried to put together something like
>> this, Lug Apathy has taken it over and destroyed it, and there's
>> nothing worse than something that looks like a good resource but is
>> only 5% completed. See: sourceforge. :)
>
> What's worse tho'? A project that gave it a go but failed, or
> pre-emptive apathy? :)

Preemptive apathy, because failed projects *never go away*. If we did
it, it didn't work, and we decided to remove it, then there would still
be Google hits and links to it, which would either (a) 404, which is
bad, or (b) link to incomplete, out--of-date, and useless information.
If I could kill all the wrong info on the web, then, yes, the web would
be quite a bit smaller, but it'd also be quite a bit more useful...

Aq.

--
Now get up and take a rip off my magic bong so that we can show
you the meaning of Xmas!