[Wolves] Linux and Exchange / Outlook

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Apr 28 10:18:05 BST 2004

Hi Kat

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 09:32, Katherine Goodwin wrote:

> So, does anyone or has anyone used the calendaring stuff in
> outlook/exchange?  If so, what features do you use and find the most
> useful?

We use it here at work although its not been set up in the true correct
sense, one of the directors shares his calender over the network which
everyone has access to and can save things on it. Also the
contacts/address book is shared so anyone can email or call suppliers or
customers.

I have been running Office 2003 for some time and think its very very
good especially outlook 2003 however I really fancied having a go at
Kolab but couldn't install it plus was a bit worried that K network
needs to be un-installed.

Having looked at the screen shots this is close to what most businesses
could do with "Everything on screen at the same time" I.e. Tasks/ToDo's,
Calender, Address book and Email so that no tab/link clicking is needed
all viewable and functional in their own window/frame.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain,
he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer."