[Wolves] PGP

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 13:57:43 BST 2004

On Thursday 12 Aug 2004 13:34, The wise and knowledgeable Jon Farmer
proclaimed:

> Nothing homegrown about it. If you search around abit you'll see many
> eminent cryptographers extol the virtues of PGP.

The clouds have parted! When 'eminent cryptographers' talk about PGP they are
talking about financial transaction, sensitive information and so on, they
are not talking about "hello all, my raid array has gone tits up".

Theres a big difference between hobby usage and serious mission critical
communication.

> I would like to finish of by saying I am not trying to personally attack
> anyone here. I am finding this debate quite stimulating and hope
> everyone else will take it in the same spirit.

I'm too old and ugly to get upset I was going to say has the art of debate
died? just because I think your wrong doesn't make me right debate is what
sets us apart from the animals. :-)

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"