[Wolves] The Weather

Chris Procter Chris at foxonline.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 09:33:29 BST 2004

Apparently it only rains about 8% of the time (or was it 6%, I forget) and
given it is raining at a given moment there is a negative correlation with
the rainfall in 1800 seconds, which means that if its raining now chances
are it wont be in 20 minutes. Its amazing how far statistics can sometimes
appear to be from reality.

I once spent a year of my life studying rain, analysing rain rate data using
awk on linux.

chris (attempting to bring new conversations on-topic since 1975)

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual
and not necessarily those of Fox Online.
This email and any files transmitted with it, including replies and
forwarded copies (which may contain alterations) subsequently transmitted
from Fox Online, are confidential and solely for the use
of the intended recipient.
If you have received this email in error please notify Fox Online by
telephone on +44 (0)121 693 1424.