[Wolves] PGP

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 09:33:40 BST 2004

On Friday 13 Aug 2004 00:46, The wise and knowledgeable Peter Oliver
proclaimed:

> Please, try to acquire a clue about a subject before mouthing off about it
> on the list, especially when someone points out that they think you have
> the wrong end of the stick.  Cryptography is difficult to grasp, but I'm
> sure there are lucid explanations to be found if only you bother to search
> the web.

Thank you for your input, your comments are duly noted.

1. No one "Mouthed off" as you put it are you trying to start a flame?

2. If you wish to insult my intelligence level "Please try to acquire a clue"
-quote.

Feel free to contact me off list or is your idea of debate, insulting people?

3. Like you I do know this subject if you saw the mail I sent stating I had
looked into this on a commercial basis last year.

To set my stall out plainly all I was saying was that while in principle I
agree with the ethos of using PGP I believe recognised body's such as
Verisign are more trusted in say the business community than something home
grown.

To finish off then my one and only contribution was my opinion that a
body/organisation was better than another solution nothing to with
functionality or implementation but I suppose you will be entrenched in your
opinion that I have "The wrong end of the stick" -quote

Oh dear what a loss to the Oxford Union :-)

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"