[Wolves] calendaring/contact list software recommendations

Chris Procter Chris at foxonline.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 11:49:52 BST 2004

Does anybody have any recommendations for calendaring/contact
list type server software to replace our aged, under used Exchange?

Due to an office move and reorg I have a chance to persuade
my boss to ditch exchange in favour of something(s) better, I
can handle the email side of things (we've got an smtp/pop3
server already) but the company diary is a sticking point. It
doesn't need to be fancy as we only use 1 company wide diary
that anyone can access and change, and one contact list that
again anyone can change, nobody uses personal calendars at
all. Free (as in beer) will make the sell to my boss a lot
easier, and accessible via outlook would be perfect, more
realistically web based is good, we have IIS/asp and can do
apache/php. Not needing an external database would be an
advantage because I have to set it up and like an easy life!

It also doesn't need to support PGP, Quantum Cryptography, or
Verisign in any way, nor does it have to stand up to high
winds, hailstones, or rain :-)

Any suggestions?

chris

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual
and not necessarily those of Fox Online.
This email and any files transmitted with it, including replies and
forwarded copies (which may contain alterations) subsequently transmitted
from Fox Online, are confidential and solely for the use
of the intended recipient.
If you have received this email in error please notify Fox Online by
telephone on +44 (0)121 693 1424.