[Wolves] cups and my lousy hp laserjet6l

scared at geneforensic.mine.nu scared at geneforensic.mine.nu
Sun Dec 5 17:01:38 GMT 2004

 Hi all,

I'm sitting at my nice sparkly new desktop that I threw together earlier
this week,  running sarge 2.6 everything has ironed out better than I have
ever known.

However - this good for nothing printer is old (so it gets the blame) and
although cups is reporting itself as correctly configured my attempts at
printing either test pages or file content are resulting in half a lne of
squiggle.

What can I do? what should I test and is this problem symptomatic of an
old (and HP) printer or just dodgy configuration by user(me!)?

ttfn and thanks for the help.