[Wolves] cups and my lousy hp laserjet6l

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 5 18:15:22 GMT 2004

 --- scared at geneforensic.mine.nu wrote:

> What can I do? what should I test and is this
> problem symptomatic of an
> old (and HP) printer or just dodgy configuration by
> user(me!)?

Maybe
http://linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-LaserJet_6L
could help you, I don't know.

I've never used one under Linux personally, but it
allegedly 'works perfectly' according to the above
link. Perhaps there are tips on the page that can
help.

Does it print ok under ahem Windows? There is a
hardware problem with the 6L that causes it to jam.

Other than that I can only suggest making sure you
have all of the right bits and pieces (I'm no Linux
printing expert) as specified on the above link.

Ad

=====
--

http://www.drinky.org.uk