[Wolves] Ubuntu: Reconfiguring hardware

Chris Ball chris at mnemonik.net
Mon Dec 6 11:16:52 GMT 2004

> The question is, if linux becomes more popular (which it slowy is
> doing) when do we have to start worrying about viruses for linux based
> Operating systems?

I wouldn't worry at all if you use an Anti-virus, and are carefull what
you download.

 From what I understand, due to the way that linux's inherit security is
laid out, a virus would only be able to do damage to non-essential
files, unless it somehow had root access to your files.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't removing a linux virus involve
just scanning your home directory 99% of the time?