[Wolves] cups and my lousy hp laserjet6l

trog trog at trog-oz.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 6 18:15:46 GMT 2004

On Sunday 05 December 2004  2:55 pm, you wrote:
>  Hi all,
>
> I'm sitting at my nice sparkly new desktop that I threw together earlier
> this week,  running sarge 2.6 everything has ironed out better than I have
> ever known.
>
> However - this good for nothing printer is old (so it gets the blame) and
> although cups is reporting itself as correctly configured my attempts at
> printing either test pages or file content are resulting in half a lne of
> squiggle.
>
> What can I do? what should I test and is this problem symptomatic of an
> old (and HP) printer or just dodgy configuration by user(me!)?

I remember I had grief getting my Epson C62 to print test pages under
SuSE8.1.  It turned out not to be the printer driver but the post script test
page itself was invalid.  We've got HP5si's running at work on FC1 with no
problems.  We use the hpijs driver.

--
Trog Woolley  |  trog at trog hyphen oz dot demon dot co dot uk
(A Croweater back residing in Pommie Land with Linux)