[Wolves] Bl**** Modems-help!

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 12 08:37:51 GMT 2004

Hi Folk

I am sorry to swear at such a festive season. But I
stand to lose face and two of my converts over bl****
modems. I have been trying everything. I bought a
Phonic external serial modem and YAST just can't see
it. What can I do? I also tried a PCI one that YAST
recognises as an Intel modem and seems to dial out but
once it dials and starts to talk to the server it
dies?? I even managed to get a HCF to work and it
seems that it is connecting to the internet but then
nothing happens. It would be so much easier if people
are on ADSL because Linux is good at configuering
NICs.

The only thing I havn't tried is a modem that is
proven to work with Linux! :-(

HELP
(sorry about the swearing)

Mo