[Wolves] Bl**** Modems-help!

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Dec 12 10:39:56 GMT 2004

On Sunday 12 December 2004 08:37, Mo Awkati wrote:

> The only thing I havn't tried is a modem that is
> proven to work with Linux! :-(

Hi Mo

Sorry to be a cynic but I think you've answered the problem yourself!

I seem to remember saying that my Hayes modem works fine on a dial-up
connection under Suse (you mentioned yast so I take it thats what your using)
I also remember someone saying they went out of business however the www is a
big place you must be able to get one somewhere.

I cant seem to find my manual and the actual modem is buried at the back of
the unit I have which houses my system but the part no. on the driver disc is
289-00106-A if you put that in a search I'm certain it'll locate one.

Regards
Peter Cannon
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is is every excuse for not knowing
but there is no excuse for not asking"