[Wolves] A hot potato subject.

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 22:51:10 GMT 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:06:37 +0000, Stuart Beeson
<stuart.beeson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:03:46 +0000, kev adams <kev at magicmoon.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Friday 17 Dec 2004 12:55, Kevanf1 wrote:
> > > Does anybody know of a real life situation where an operating system,
> > > by a very well known company who I will not name for legal reasons,
> > > has caused serious harm or even death?
> >
> > Don't know of any cases involving deaths but I read in Linux User & Developer
> > that the British government plan to use windows control systems for nuclear
> > submarines :~O
> >

> Ahhhhh that would be such a mistake .... supose it will have a big red
> button with START on it  :oD

Don't forget the animated red, blue, green and yellow flag next to it.

Cheers for those things anyway.  I do remember something about a naval
ship having problems.  Of course if you really want fear think of all
the regional health authorities that are rapidly deploying XP on their
systems.  Or perhaps the fact that the Department of Works and
Pensions runs mainly on XP... be afraid, be very afraid.  But most of
all be bloody angry because it's all paid for by yours and my taxes.
So, when we think we have ditched M$ for open source we have only
scratched an itch on the tip of our noses.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street