[Wolves] A hot potato subject.

Stuart Beeson stuart.beeson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 23:21:16 GMT 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:50:56 +0000, Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:06:37 +0000, Stuart Beeson
> <stuart.beeson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Don't know of any cases involving deaths but I read in Linux User & Developer
> > > that the British government plan to use windows control systems for nuclear
> > > submarines :~O
> > >

> > Ahhhhh that would be such a mistake .... supose it will have a big red
> > button with START on it  :oD

> Don't forget the animated red, blue, green and yellow flag next to it.
>
> Cheers for those things anyway.  I do remember something about a naval
> ship having problems.  Of course if you really want fear think of all
> the regional health authorities that are rapidly deploying XP on their
> systems.  Or perhaps the fact that the Department of Works and
> Pensions runs mainly on XP... be afraid, be very afraid.  But most of
> all be bloody angry because it's all paid for by yours and my taxes.
> So, when we think we have ditched M$ for open source we have only
> scratched an itch on the tip of our noses.
>
> --
> Take care.
> Kevan Farmer
>
> 34 Hill Street
> Cheslyn Hay
> Staffordshire
> WS6 7HR

ive seen so many of those terminals in the Job Centres with Blue
screens its unbelivable .got a mate who works for DWP IT support and
he said the whole dam systems went down the other week all running on
M$ Products  :oD .. and those TV's that are on the new Buses are
running Win XP one crashed a few weeks back ... and it went back to
the desktop .. i couldnt stop laffin me head off  was so bloody funny
... i think the goverment needs to look into a more stable system He
He He  ..