[Wolves] keyboard article LXF

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 17:10:06 GMT 2004

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 09:52:19 +0000 (GMT), Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just received this month's LXF and there is a
> good article about configuering multimedia keyboards.
> The article looks really good. The article is about
> using "lineak" to configure such keyboards. I tried to
> find if "lineak" is shipped with my SuSE 9.0 Pro but
> it isn't.
>
> I looked on the website(
> http://lineak.sourceforge.net/ ) and there is a rpm
> for SuSE 9.2. as my SuSe 9.2 is with Father Christmas,
> I will have to wait until after Christmas!
>
> I have a Compaq presario keyboard and it has 13 extra
> keys that are at the moment dead. It would be nice to
> assign some functions to them like Firefox, Kmail etc.
> I'll let you know how I get on, or indeed if someone
> else does their keyboard I would be interested in
> knowing how they got on with it.
>
> Cheers
>
> Mo

It's on my 'to do' list, Mo.  I have a Logitech multimedia keyboard
with 'supposedly' dedicated volume control keys besides the usual
e-mail buttons etc.

As for SuSE 9.2  I'm still waiting for the postman to deliver it....my
wife only won it 3 weeks ago after all :-)

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street