[Wolves] keyboard article LXF

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 19 00:10:59 GMT 2004

 --- Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just received this month's LXF and there is a
> good article about configuering multimedia
> keyboards.
> The article looks really good. The article is about
> using "lineak" to configure such keyboards.

Hi Mo,

I tried Lineak as I have a keyboard with extra
buttons. There are basically 2 parts to it. Lineakd
which is the daemon listening for keypresses on these
keys and running the appropriate command and there is
also the configuration front end. The KDE one is
klineakconfig. There is another gtk+ config tool
called lineakconfig. You only need one of these config
tools and the daemon.

I had no problems with it as far as I can remember. It
did what it said on the tin. The only thing I didn't
like about it was that it didn't automatically start
on login and I think it might have forgotten my choice
of commands to run.

You could just try to install the 9.2 rpm and see what
happens. At worst it will fail and tell you about it.

Ad

=====
--

http://www.drinky.org.uk