[Wolves] IMAP and Horde/Squirrelmail

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 00:48:29 GMT 2004

 --- David Goodwin <david at codepoets.co.uk> wrote:

> Sounds like postfix isn't sending mail to cyrus
> correctly. Check
> /etc/postfix/main.cf and /etc/postfix/master.cf
>
> main.cf should have something where it says the
> delivery agent is e.g.
> cyrus, and cyrus itself is defined in master.cf.

Thanks for your help David. Yes I think you were
right, but in the process of following an ill-advised
tutorial, I got in a terrible mess had to remove
everything mail related and purge the configs before
reinstalling everything and being back where I
started. The only other thing that occurred is that I
moved from Cyrus 1.5.x to 2.1.x. And I couldn't log in
anymore :/ So after 24 hours of frustration I took
Aq's advice and tried Dovecot and Ilohamail.

Dovecot works (Ilohamail didn't though I didn't try
too hard to fix it) and I can now log in to Horde AND
see my mail (a first) and I can also log into
Squirrelmail too which I have already decided I don't
like as much as Horde.

For the time being this is all I want. Something that
works. I have spent 24 hours with my head in PAM, SASL
failures and all manner of other things that I don't
understand properly before getting into such a mess I
was thinking I might have to format the disk and start
again.

Thanks very much for your help. I aim to come back to
Cyrus when I know what I'm doing a bit more as it
offers several features I'd like to have at my
disposal.

Ad

=====
--