[Wolves] More Ubuntu woes...

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 10:43:20 GMT 2004

Well I am sorry to have to report more woes with Ubuntu.  I gave out
one of the CD's I received - official ones from Ubuntu themselves, not
copies I have burned - to one of my brother's mates.  Apparently it
has wiped his hard drive.  Now before anybody asks more I don't know
any more than that at the moment.  My bro' spoke to me minutes ago and
told me.  I don't have a clue whether it was the live CD or the proper
install one.  If I can find out more I shall go to the Ubuntu Bugzilla
and let them know and relay what I find on here.

Now, I'm starting to wonder whether this is not a bad batch of CD's I
received?  I have never heard of anything remotely like this before
with Linux but it certainly isn't good PR.  I am resolutely sticking
with either SuSE or Mandrake or even Xandros as I've had no trouble
with any of those.  Perhaps when I am feeling braver I may try
Gentoo...

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer