[Wolves] More Ubuntu woes...

Tim Humpherson tim.humpherson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 20:15:52 GMT 2004

I tried the Ubuntu that came free with the Linux Format and to be
honest, I didn't like this Distro, despite it is Debian based and the
APT technology.   Ubuntu is, I think, not secure enough as they have
disabled the root account and use sudo instead.   I know that one can
re-activate root privileges.   Unless I'm wrong there, then I'll
accept that I'm wrong!

At the moment I am using SuSE Linux 9.1 Professional, but I am
thinking of having a go at Fedora Core 3.  Any comments on this?
Should I stick with SuSE or is FC3 any better?   I heard that FC3 has
the option of APT package included or am I wrong there?  FC4 (soon) is
said to be more stable?   Hmmm, I'll have to wait and see for that one
to come out.

As usual, Linux forum members are welcome to comment or criticise what
I say above.

In the meantime, I wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a happy
PROSPEROUS (no, not M$!) NEW YEAR in 2005!

Best wishes,

Tim