[Wolves] More christmas rambling because I don't have a blog... Safe to ignore

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 25 18:20:13 GMT 2004

 --- Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think there are things I want to say here and you
> can ignore all of them because they aren't useful to
> anyone. I just don't have a blog to put them on.
>
> 1) Is it the nature of being a tech person that
> means
> I (and we) are the only people that know how to put
> christmas presents together when they need
> assembling?
> I seem to be the only person I know today that can
> put
> stuff together. Everybody else gets into a mess.
>
> 2) I should have put an ad out before christmas
> charging £20 or £30 a pop to set people's new
> computers up on Christmas day. I'd have raked it in.
> I've done a few people's already today.
>
> 3) Taken from above, do computer people take a break
> at christmas? Linux is on my mind a lot today, I've
> been doing the above and kernel 2.6.10 was released
> yesterday.
>
> Sorry for talking bollocks, but I needed somewhere
> put all this stuff so I can get on with christmas.
>
> I do actually have one decent idea, regarding the
> Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive
> [1], redundant PCs, Linux and people who can't
> afford
> computers but it's too loosely formed to discuss
> yet.
> And I don't have any time to worry about it for 6
> months.
>
> Merry christmas all.
>
> Ad
>
> [1]

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/netregs/legislation/380525/473094/?lang=_e

Hi Ad

I am in the same boat! It ranges from PC's to surround
speakers, to PDAs! :-) I can't grumble, I have a new
monitor (SAMSUNG SyncMaster) and Linux loves it! :-)
and SuSE 9.2 Pro. So you see I have to do my bit.

I have to go back to it! :-( so I'll check my email
tomorrow.

Cheers

Mo