[Wolves] Auto display of mounted drives on Gnome desktop

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Wed Dec 29 14:51:30 GMT 2004

MatthewRevell.3247378 at bloglines.com wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Under some distros, the mounted drives automatically appear on
> the desktop. Does anyone know how I can achieve that in Ubuntu? I've searched
> but not found anything.

ubuntu have gone for a clean desktop with no clutter.  I think your
mounted drives appear under the places menu. This is where things like
GNOME favourites appear.

I don't have any removable media on this laptop so it's difficult to
check but I think this is the action that is specified.

Although the mount for jennie docs (a samba share) appears on the desktop.

sparkes