[Wolves] K3B device permissions

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 31 10:03:34 GMT 2004

Hi

I have just installed SuSE 9.2 and I am not able to
burn cds from normal user session, I have to change to
root to be able to use K3B. The messages I get are
mainly about cdrecord and cdrdao do not have
permission to access the device. When I use k3B's
system check I get the following messages:

cdrecord does not run with root privileges:
It is highly recommended to configure cdrecord to run
with root privileges. Only then cdrecord runs with
high priority which increases the overall stability of
the burning process. Apart from that it allows
changing the size of the used burning buffer. A lot of
user problems could be solved this way. This is also
true when using SuSE's resmgr.
Solution: Use K3bSetup to solve this problem.

cdrdao does not run with root privileges:
It is highly recommended to configure cdrdao to run
with root privileges to increase the overall stability
of the burning process.
Solution: Use K3bSetup to solve this problem.

The above messages seem to conflict with the title of
the error???
There is no k3bsetup! I switched to root and changed
permissions but still no success. I checked the K3B
website but no joy. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mo