[Wolves] K3B device permissions

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Fri Dec 31 10:09:12 GMT 2004

Mo Awkati wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just installed SuSE 9.2 and I am not able to
> burn cds from normal user session, I have to change to
> root to be able to use K3B. The messages I get are
> mainly about cdrecord and cdrdao do not have
> permission to access the device. When I use k3B's
> system check I get the following messages:

This is probably a kernel issue.  The way cd writers work has been
changed in the kernels and some (2.6.8?) have problems with some
cdrecord versions.

I think the fix was to delay upgrading the kernel or something ;-) grab
the lastest kernel image (2.6.10 might be in yast by now) and try again.
  Then if it doesn't work start playing with permissions on the
cdrecorder device.

sparkes

--
<davee> "Sparkes, the Pete Best of LugRadio"