[Wolves] Flash alternative - is there?

Jono Bacon jonobacon at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 15:30:23 GMT 2004

Hi,

> you could always embed a movie file
> (divx/.mov/.avi/.rm etc?)
>
> Don't know how realistic this is (file size,
> development effort etc?),
> and it would probably not interactive.

I think filesize would be an issue here, and the user
would still need to download a plugin.

Incidentally, why is Flash an issue? I know it binary
only and all that, but it really does provide
something that little else will now. I could
understand there being an issue if it was (a)
proprietary, (b) not cross platform and (c) cost
money, but until SVG becomes a viable solution, there
is no real option. Also, who is this for? If it is for
a typically Windows orientated audience, could this
make it more acceptable?

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Professional Writer / Web Developer / Musician