[Wolves] [Fwd: [SB] April Meeting - Eric Raymond at SB-LUG]

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Sat Feb 14 09:26:08 GMT 2004

see below.
David.

Subject: [SB] April Meeting - Eric Raymond at SB-LUG
From:    "John Pinner" <john at clocksoft.com>
Date:    Fri, February 13, 2004 23:43
To:      "South Birmingham Linux User Group" <sb at mailman.lug.org.uk>

Hello All,

I'm pleased to say that Eric Raymond has agreed to give SB a talk for our
April meeting. This will almost certainly be on our normal meeting night,
the third Thursday, 15th April.

The subject will be Eric's choice, although I have said that we are most
interested in promoting the use of Open Source software in local
organisations (whether business, academic or voluntary).

We expect to invite other LUG's, the British Computer Society, local
businesses, especially IT mandarins, as well as academics and students. If
anyone has any ideas for promotion, please come forward.

A key factor is to book a suitable venue, and Tim is currently looking at
the possibilities (it has to be low-cost, preferably free!), and we need
an indication of how many to expect. Too small a room and we'll have to
turn people away, Too big and we may look silly.

So that we can begin to gauge the likely response, please will LUG members
reply to the list indicating if they intend to come to this meeting.
Normally we get but a small proportion of the list, will this be different
?

Please let us know.

Regards,

John
--
John Pinner.
john at clocksoft.com
Clockwork Software Systems         'Systems to stand the test of time'
Bridge House, 17a Maybrook Road
Sutton Coldfield, B76 1AL. UK
Tel: +44 121 313 3850.  Fax: +44 121 313 3860

http://codepoets.co.uk/david