[Wolves] FTP Upload

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Sun Feb 15 00:14:27 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 10:35, Mo Awkati wrote:
> Hi folk
>
> In one of my previous posts I said that I will be
> looking at setting up my website so that I don't jam
> the lug list!!. I am with BTyahoo and Linux is not
> supported though they refer to tools such as Gimp to
> design the website. To publish my website I need to
> upload to BT's server. They give an address When I put
> the server address(ftp.btinternet.com) in Konqueror I
> get the following files:
>
> bin  dev  etc private pub usr welcome.msg
>
> access is denied for bin,dev, and etc, also other sub
> directories under private and pub and usr. Is that
> because I am not  in root mode? I am not keen on going
> on the net under root.
>
> Am I looking at the server files or are these on my
> pc?? Which directory do I use to upload my website??
>
> The welcome message just says that all trensfers are
> logged and if I don't like that then I need to log
> off!
>

> Any help would be appreciated

Instead of using Konq, use an ftp client (e.g. KBear) and provide your
username & password when prompted.  Konq will default to an anonymous
connection, so you are seeing the wrong part of the server.  Using your
username should open up your personal webspace directory.

HTH

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk